Friday, January 24, 2014

If you are cold at night, let the promise of my love cover you like a warm blanket” - Matthew White

Today I am grateful for heat.

A simple treasure, but on days like this frigid Friday with below zero temperatures, I feel like opening my door and warming up the world. While driving home earlier today, I passed by a person on the street collecting money. There are always collectors at this particular corner. Sometimes, I open the window. Sometimes, I stare straight ahead - the guilt filling me up inside on a busy morning.

Sometimes, like today, I just wish I could go buy a warm coat or offer up a cup of hot chocolate. I actually nearly drove to Starbucks and bought some warm drink back to this man, but then got sidetracked with pickup and never made it there.

I know we're freezing out there in Chicago and all across America. But, thankfully we have warm beds, and warm families to come home to at the end of the day.

Let's not forget that gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment