Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Health Really Is The Most Important Thing






This week was a little busy, thus the lack of gratitude posts (not a lack of gratitude in and of itself!).....


Today I am grateful for good health and healing.


 My 17-year old son was just diagnosed with a knock out dose of mono. As he lay sleeping at 4 pm for the fifth day in a row, I am surrounded by the sounds of laughter, followed by fits of coughing from both my 4 and 10 year old daughters watching Monster's University in the basement.


Ping! On my way home from the pediatrician with my two asthma girls my phone receives a text. My 14 year old is letting me know that she has a terrible headache. I am sure she will be home tomorrow. With her mono ridden brother. And her asthma recovering sisters. Party.


Putting in Mommy overtime is never easy and in the past it was just downright overwhelming. But, recently as my older ones get, well, older I know that these opportunities to care for them and enjoy them (even sick) will be farther and fewer between. So, today I have decided to be grateful for good health and grateful for the opportunity the healing is offering. A break for them from t
heir stressful lives in school and a break for me from the monotony of our busy life.

To good health, easy breathing and healing naps.


What are you grateful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment