Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Sometimes You Bite The Bullet

Progress always involves risks.  You can't steal second base and keep your foot on first.  ~Frederick B. Wilcox




Today I am grateful for being brave enough to try new things. 


A few years ago, I bit the bullet and started my own business. It isn't a multi-million dollar penny maker yet but it's growing. I always wanted to be a writer and thought that you have to get some sort of plaque or award that declares you one, but turns out if you write and people read it and come back for more, then hey, you're a writer.


So, I took my skills to the pavement and grew myself some bid-ness.


 Today I had a meeting. No big deal. Except this meeting was for a larger client than I have had thus far and with five men. It's always a little nerve wracking for me to walk into a strange room filled with men and be the lil woman in the room. I guess I still have some growth to do on that part, but somewhere in my insecurities lay a little girl weirded out to be in a room of big scary men. 


I went in confident and prepared and kick some construction worker butt, if I do say so myself.


Sometimes we sit and pay too much attention to that beating heart of anxiety and let it hold us back. In the past, maybe in my 20s I would have probably had cold feed and been too afraid to go forward with my own thing. As I finish up my last year in my 30s I feel more confident and capable with each year. It's pretty amazing that bravery can come to someone who used to be afraid to go up to the counter in a restaurant alone and place my order.


I've come a long way baby.


What are you grateful for today?  

No comments:

Post a Comment